Prima Legion Indianus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GalleryPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Photoshop tutorials

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Photoshop tutorials Empty
PostSubject: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:45 pm

First of all, I am not an expert in photoshop.
But I thought of making tutorials for newbies who like to try something in photoshop.
I have posted same tutorials in other forums before..

I will update this post with links when I post new tutorials

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Blending with Images

2. Motion Blur effect with Text thingy

3. Cool abstract siggy

4. Bordering

5. Round Glassy Button

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:47 pm

1. Blending with Images

* Create a background image.

Photoshop tutorials A1aq1

* Copy paste some image and it will be created as new layer. I used a FF pic.

* User the Lasso tool and select the required portion. I used magnetic lasso first. It is easy and fast to make a rough selection (Tips: use backspace if selection got out of control. Also click on some points to make it on ur control.) Then you can make it perfect by using normal lasso tool. Hold Shift while selecting to add in to selection and Alt for substracting from selection.

Photoshop tutorials A2de7

* Go to Select->Feather or right click inside selection and choose Feather. Change the feather setting anywhere between 5 and 25.

Photoshop tutorials A3dd8

* Now in the layer window Click on Add a layer mask button.

Photoshop tutorials A4ag4

* Then go to Layer->Layer Mask->Apply

* Make a duplicate layer by using ctrl+j. Drag & move the duplicate layer below original one.

* On duplicate layer, go to Filter->Blur->Motion Blur. Use the setting like Angle: 0, Distance: 80-130 depending on size. (I used 100 for this)

* Now click on original image and duplicate it. Put the new duplicate layer between original and first duplicate.

* Do the motion blur filter on this layer. Angle: 0, Distance: 20 less than before. (I used 100-20=80)

* Change the blend mode of tht layer to Hard Light. That setting can be seen on top of layer window.

* Click on original layer and duplicate it one more time.. Move it below original layer but above all other duplicate layers.

* Do the motion blur filter on this layer. Angle: 0, Distance: 40 less than the last one. (I used 80-40=40)

* Change the blend mode of tht layer to Hard light. Change Opacity to 70%

Photoshop tutorials A5wj6

* You can play with the settings more and add more effects if u want it to look more nice.

* Final image will look like this.

Photoshop tutorials A6ok4
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:48 pm

2. Motion Blur effect with Text thingy

Motion blur is most used blur effect esp for sigs. It makes normal texts look better.

* I made a random background just by brush, texture and effects. For making good sig, always create a image of size 2x or 3x the one u really want. U can resize the image, after finishing it.

* Create a text using text tool. Since I use dark background, I prefer using white for text color.

Photoshop tutorials 1xs0

* Duplicate the text layer (ctrl+j). Layer window will look like this.

Photoshop tutorials 2fx2

* On the duplicated layer, go to Filter->Blur->Motion Blur. You will get error message saying you need to make rasterized first, click on yes.

* On setting screen, you can use horizontal(angle 0) or vertical(angle 90). Diagonal wont be good. I used horizontal.

* Adjust the distance till it looks good.. Usually value ranged from 30-70 depending on background and size. I used 52 for this image.

Photoshop tutorials 3mv2

* After tht, You can use some of following effects to make it look better.
- put white drop shadow on the blur if background is dark and viceversa. Also use property of drop shadow to normal(not multiply)
- lower opacity of blurred layer
- Use smudge tool on blur layer to make blur farther

* Next thing is to make blur lines.. First make a new layer.

* Using pencil tool draw two straight lines as shown on new layer. (hold Shift when u draw for making straight lines)

Photoshop tutorials 4tn0

* Now use motion blur for this layer... I used similar setting which i used for text blurring.

* decrease opacity to make it look better.

* Final thing will look like this. You can play with it more till u are satisfied.

Photoshop tutorials 5ke1

Even though this one don't look sweet.. If u use this effect on better sig, then it will surely rock. B)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:49 pm

3. Cool abstract siggy

This is for pplz who dont have time to spend. Anyone can make a simple abstract designer siggy in 1 or 2 mins..

* go to File->New and make a new image of size 500x500 or something like tht.

* create new layer.

* fill it with black

* Select gradient tool. Change the mode to difference.

Photoshop tutorials G0ct9

* using gradient tool, strart drawing lines here and there lots of times.. u can even close ur eyes while doing tht.. Dont overdo it.. U will get some image like below. It wont look like this one. It wont matter anything u got.

Photoshop tutorials G1hj3

* duplicate the layer 3 or 4 times (ctr+j)

* click on first duplicate layer.. Change the blending mode to lighten.

* Go to Filter->Distort->Wave. Click on randomize. and click ok.

* Do the same with other layers.. and dont forget to click randomize. You can even flip the layers if u want (Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal/Vertical ).

* now go to Layer -> Flatten Image or press ctrl + shift + E.

* go to image->adjustment->hue/saturation or press ctrl + u. Select the colorize option. change the saturation to 50 and change hue to color u want.. i used 205.

Photoshop tutorials G2ib3

* u will get like this..

Photoshop tutorials G3tr3

* Optional: If u didnt like to look of the image, u can duplicate the layer(ctrl+j). use wave filter with randomize. change the blending mode of new image to multiply or soft light. Flatten image again.

* Now select crop tool.. And select area u want to be as sig. Press enter.

* Add ur name and border. Sigggy is finished.

Photoshop tutorials G4dv4

* I Knw it looks stupid... but this is recommended only for lazy pplz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 pm

4. Bordering

For a signature to look good, nice border is very important.
I will tell how to make make different type of borders.

Simple black border
You should atleast do this one. This is simple..

* Press ctrl+A to select whole sig

* go to Edit->Stroke. Set width = 1, Location = inside and color = black.

Photoshop tutorials Stroke

* you will get a neat black border in ur sig.

Blended border
This is used by most of the peoples. Simple like previous one.. But looks better.

* Create a new layer in ur sig (shift + ctrl +N)

* click on new layer

* set the blend mode to soft light

* Press ctrl+A to select whole sig

* go to Edit->Stroke and set the width to 2 or 3 and the color to white

* right click on layer in layer window, and select blending options. Select Bevel and Emboss. Change the technique to Chisel hard.

Advanced hifi border
This is advanced one.. But this one can make others feel jealous of u.

* Create a new layer in ur sig (shift + ctrl +N). Use tht new layer as current layer.

* Select polygonal lasso from tool bar and start selecting nice designs around edges like these. You can use use zoom for tht (ctrl + + for zoom in and ctrl + - for zoom out)

Photoshop tutorials B0vs2

* Dont do it on whole border. Do it piece by piece. When u make new selections, hold down shift for adding in to current selection. If u want to undo the previously clicked lasso point, u can use backspace key.

* you dont have to do exactly like I did, just use some creativity. You will get a pic like below.

Photoshop tutorials B1kn0

* Now go to Edit->Fill and fill it with black.

* Go to Layer->Layer Style->Blending options.. or right click on layer and choose Blending options in layer window. Use the following settings, dont modify rest of settings.
- Drop Shadow (Opacity: 85)
- Inner Shadow (Opacity: 50)
- Outer Glow (Opacity: 10, Color: Black)
- Inner Glow (Opacity: 25, Color: White)
- Bevel and Emboss (Size: 5)
- Satin (Opacity: 30)
- Color Overlay (Blend mode: Lighten, Color: Any color u want as border)
- Stroke (Size: 1, Color: Black)

* Now start zooming on image and start deleting shapes inside border using rectangular marguee, elliptical marquee, and poly lasso. Like these

Photoshop tutorials B2ga5

* Final output will depends on ur creativity.. This is what I got.. not tht good though. Sad

Photoshop tutorials B3ky3
Back to top Go down
sreenath07
Captain
Captain
sreenath07

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 pm

NICE KAREENA......

U KNOW MY FIRST SIGGY WAS THAT "COOL ABSTRACT" OF URS.

I REALLY APPRETAITE UR EFFORT 2 HELP NOOBS LIKE ME

THNX FOR EVERY THING KAREENA
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:38 am

5. Round glassy button

This is a very simple trick.. I learned it long ago..

* Create a new image of any size.. I use 200x200 for this.

* Create a new layer

* In that, make a cicle selection using eliptical maquee tool. (use Shift key to draw circle)

* Go to Edit->Fill, use any colors.. I used red here.

Photoshop tutorials 1

* In layer window, rightclick on that layer and select bleding options.

* Choose Inner glow, give color black, blendmode multiply.. others options as needed like I did in below pic.

Photoshop tutorials 2

* Keep the old selection. If you lost the old selection then hold down CTRL key and click on the layer thumbnail corresponding to circle. It will load the selection.

* Create a new layer.

* Drag the linear gradient (white to transparent) downwards from top.

Photoshop tutorials 3

* Press CTRL+T to transform the white gradient. Bring bottom to half way. Drag top and sides little bit like in image.

Photoshop tutorials 4

* Now it is ready. U can reduce tht white gradient layer transparency to 90% for more reality.

Photoshop tutorials 5
Back to top Go down
shree69
Major General
Major General
shree69

Number of posts : 499
Fav. Branch : Medic
Wr Nickname : Brig4dier
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:16 am

abe thanks catykareena

it was much useful
Back to top Go down
http://www.shree.tk
conquerer0
Führer
Führer
conquerer0

Number of posts : 640
Wr Nickname : Conquerer0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 am

Kareena is not here nymore.
Back to top Go down
shree69
Major General
Major General
shree69

Number of posts : 499
Fav. Branch : Medic
Wr Nickname : Brig4dier
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 am

oooh but she is visiting PLI forum once in a month
Back to top Go down
http://www.shree.tk
conquerer0
Führer
Führer
conquerer0

Number of posts : 640
Wr Nickname : Conquerer0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Shell be banned by today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop tutorials   Photoshop tutorials Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photoshop tutorials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prima Legion Indianus :: Community: :: Art in computer:-
Jump to: